CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Birds-eye View

Several weeks ago we had a mockingbird build a nest in one of our rose bushes.  Lucky for us, the rose bushes are in front of our living room window and the whole family got a birds-eye view of the cute little chicks as they grew.  Cameron and Caiden loved being able to peek in on the nest daily and loved it even more when the hatchlings finally arrived.  The boys learned a lot about birds nests, eggs, hatchlings, etc. and I thought they did a fairly good job obsorbing all of the information over the weeks but it never failed, every day they would still ask me where the eggs went! 

Today the mother mockingbird was making an exceptional amount of noise and I even noticed the chicks perched on the edge of the nest so I kept my camera nearby just in case.  Good thing I did, look what I caught...





Four chicks in their nest.



"It's getting crowded in here.  Someone is going to have to go!"




"I'll go, wish me luck!"




"Wow, that sure is a big egg!"



Can you see me???



"Hey, where did Geranimo and Tweets go?"